First         |       Previous Picture        |      Next Picture        |       Last      |      Thumbnails        |        Home

Banff National Park

 

Banff National Park

     "The pioneers"        of Banff"

In 1911 Scotty Wright, a member of the National Park’s Warden Service, was dispatched to the Panther River twenty-six miles north of Banff to build a cabin of logs.                           “Windy,” the affectionate name for the cabin, became headquarters for the Panther River District, and it was used by year ‘round patrols.